OpenNews is hiring some temporary help
by Erika Owens
OpenNews is hiring a part-time program and communications coordinator on an hourly, temporary basis through the end of 2017. The program and communications coordinator will work with our deputy director to manage the internal and external communications of OpenNews’ activities.
- coordinate outreach and participant emails and notifications for SRCCON, convenings, and other OpenNews activities
- help compile existing documentation for communications, program planning, and use in drafting event communications
- with direction and editorial support, write blog posts and other short pieces about OpenNews activities and mission
- help manage communications platforms including the OpenNews.org and SRCCON.org websites, Twitter accounts, and email newsletter
- as needed, provide other program and communications support
The position will require 15-19 hours per week, on average.
Our ideal candidate enjoys the inner workings of project planning and engaging with people through the written word. You’ll have experience writing clear, actionable prose of some type–the exact setting doesn’t matter as much as your comfort with that task. You should work well in a deadline-driven environment and have strong skills at balancing deadlines with ongoing work. If you have an interest in open source technology and journalism, that’s great, but not required.
This is a remote position. If you are interested and available, there would be opportunity for some event travel as well. All candidates must be able to work legally in the US, but your actual geographic location is irrelevant. You will join an all-remote team that is very comfortable with communicating across time zones and in a variety of voice- and text-based media.
People of color, women, and members of communities underrepresented in technology and journalism are especially encouraged to apply.
The latest from the OpenNews team
Read all our news in our OpenNews blog