Fellowship Partner Information
The partners who host our Knight-Mozilla fellows do much more than simply offer a desk at their news organization and gain extra expertise for their team: they are crucial partners who help select, mentor, and advise our fellows as well as offering them access to journalistic problem-sets and experts within their newsrooms.
We look for fellowship partners who:
- have a track record of innovation in newsroom code and demonstrate investment in strengthening and leading the journalism-code community
- situate at least one development team in the newsroom
- can define a specific problem or project they’d like their fellow to work on
- commit to being involved in other OpenNews endeavors, including Source and code convenings
- commit to cover travel costs for a representative to attend a total of four OpenNews related events (two years of the annual Mozilla Festival, an onboarding event, and one other event)
We are not currently looking for newsrooms to join us as fellowship partners.
The fellowship is on hiatus for 2017. During that time we will plan what shape the fellowship could take going forward. If you’d like to learn more about that planning process or be notified when we have updates about the program please sign up here. OpenNews is much more than fellowships, however. Please check out the other ways OpenNews partners with newsrooms.
The latest from the OpenNews team
Read all our news in our OpenNews blog